Older rotary engines had shorter life spans due mainly to apex and side seal wear, but the Renesis rotary of the RX8 should last you 350,000+ Kilometers if properly cared for. This includes oil changes every 5000 Kilometers. This includes preventing carbon build-up by running the engine to red-line frequently and/or taking long highway drives. This includes checking your oil levels every couple fuel tank-fulls and topping up as required. This includes warming up the motor a bit before driving and warming fully before pushing it past 4K - 6K RPM. This includes not shutting down the motor cold as it can cause flooding (which also thins the oils with gas). And NEVER let a rotary engine overheat. This will warp the rotor housing and bye-bye motor
- 100% New Zealand owned and operated company, not just fronting that we are. WE ARE REAL KIWIS HERE!
- All Universal Imports vehicles come with a full mechanical service.
- All Universal Imports vehicles are VINZ inspected
- All Universal Imports vehicles Odometers are certified by the A.A.
- Out of town buying? - We are experts. Let us help you.
- Competitive Finance and Insurance available. Finance from $0.00 deposit
- 1, 2 & 3 year mechanical warranties available
- Trade-ins Welcome
- 100+ cars in stock
- No pressure sales team
- Full workshop facilities available. WOF, Repairs, Servicing and Diagnostic
- Trusted business established 1998 so over 18 years in business
- $350.00 ON ROAD COSTS APPLY
Open 7 days
Mon-Fri 9am - 6:00 pm
Saturday 9am - 5.00 pm
Sundays By Appointment
Child seat anchor points
Body Kit (Aero)
Electric Mirrors (Retractable)