This is one incredible, one of a kind, Stingray! Read all about it below.
The New Zealand history:
- Manufactured 1968
- Travelled to a collector in Japan
- Purchased by Grant Silvester and brought to New Zealand 2008
- Body off restoration started early 2008
- Chassis stripped bare and P10 coated
- All components rebuilt in house ground up
- New suspension bushes, shocks, rebuilt steering system
- Stripped and rebuilt brake system, diff and half shafts / main shafts
- 427 ci engine and TH400 transmission fully rebuilt to factory specs
- Body work completely stripped and repainted to factory color with a twist'
- New glass front and side, new interior material and dash componenets
- All Chrome redone / replaced where needed.
- New Rims, caps and bands. New factory spec tyres
- The rebuild took basically two years and was watch by a passionate car collector
- This collector fought hard to own the car, seeing the detail of the build.
- Now an option is available to purchase again.
- Grant Silvester welcomes any questions via him or his team.
The Silvester Motor Company has been paramount in the motor industry for well over 50 years now, as the late Ron Silvester started Sydenham Park Car Sales, eventually the Silvester Motor Company was born. As the years go by, the Silvester Motor Company continues to provide excellent service and top quality new and pre-owned motor vehicles. The Silvester Motor Company legacy continues as strongly as ever thanks to Grant and Donna Silvester, and their dedicated team.
For many decades the Silvester Motor Company has been the go to place for the Chevrolet brand and product, and it still is. We can offer piece of mind with our Chevrolet product, as we have a rich history with the Chev product and our dedicated sales, service and parts teams will make sure you are well looked after. If this particular vehicle isn't quite the Chev you are after, don't hesitate to give one of our sales team a call because who knows what we may be able
Rear Wheel Drive