Holden has announced the all new Holden VF Ute that brings more safety, more technology and more value, including Auto Park Assist, front and rear parking sensors and rear view camera.
* Brawn and brains make Holden Ute the ultimate sports machine
* Holden adds value to every VF Ute
* Auto Park Assist and rear view camera standard on every model
VF Ute also comes standard with the class-leading Holden MyLink infotainment system. With an eight-inch, high-resolution colour touch screen, MyLink features enhanced voice recognition, full iPod® integration including Siri Eyes Free integration* and embedded app technology including Pandora® and Stitcher SmartRadio™.
The first sports model in the Ute range is the SV6 with an RRP of $49,000. SV6 is also powered by the 3.6L SIDI V6 with significantly more features and more of a performance character, with sports-tuned suspension, a front and rear sports fascia, Sportec cloth seats, LED daytime running lights and two additional electronic safety features – Side Blind Zone Alert and Rear Cross Traffic Alert, which automatically warns of vehicles passing the rear of the ute when reversing out of a space.
Holden New Zealand General Manager of Marketing, Marnie Samphier said that VF’s new technology and stunning design made the Holden Ute an even more exciting package than ever before.
"From its humble beginnings the new VF Ute now offers world-class technology that can be utilised on a daily basis and this along with the new interior and exterior designs take the Ute to a whole new level.
"The Holden Ute has become the ultimate two-door sports machine and now offers so much more including great performance, luxury features and the latest safety technology while holding its VE pricing.
With those same features and technologies as the SV6, the famous SS Ute adds the powerful 6.0L Gen IV V8 engine. The RRP for the automatic SS Ute is $55,400.
Ms. Samphier said that there was a natural walk up for the VF Ute sport range from the SV6 right through to the SS V Redline.
"We are very excited to be able to offer the SS V Ute for $60,100 and customers can enjoy new 19 inch alloys, leather appointed seats, satellite navigation, colour multi-function driver information display and passive entry sensor key technology with push button start," she said.
The flagship of Holden’s performance Ute range is the SS V Redline, with ultimate performance tuned FE3 suspension and Brembo brakes and further innovative features, such as a Lane Departure Warning system, Head-Up Display and Forward Collision Alert. Again, both manual and auto variants are on offer.
Redline also adds the updated sports-tuned FE3 suspension package, Brembo® brakes, forged 19 inch alloys as well as wider rear wheels for extra traction and competition mode with launch control and track settings.
"Once you see the VF range up close you will fully appreciate the amazing engineering work undertaken right across the range from design to technology especially in SS V Redline models, they are very impressive," Ms. Samphier said.
Holden dealers can now take orders for VF Ute models with the Ute’s arriving in dealerships late next month.
SV6 Ute and SS Ute highlights:
* 3.6L SIDI V6 engine (SV6) and 6.0-litre Gen IV V8 engine and dual exhaust (SS)
* 6 airbags (dual front driver and passenger, side impact thorax/pelvis and curtain airbags)
* ECS, ABS & TCS
* Dual-zone climate control
* Electric Power Steering (EPS)
* Auto Park Assist
* Rear view camera
* Front and Rear Park Assist
* Blind Spot Alert
* Reverse Traffic Alert
* Automatic release electric park brake
* Hill Start Assist
* Trailer Sway Control
* Remote vehicle start (automatic only)
* Enhanced multi-function display (monochrome) with:
* Vehicle information menu – Trip information menu – Fuel economy menu
* Holden MyLink Infotainment System with 8" high-resolution colour touch-screen display
* Embedded Apps including Pandora® and Stitcher SmartRadio™
* Single CD player with MP3 capability
* Full iPod® integration including Siri Eyes Free* and touch screen access for playlists, artist, albums, songs and genres
* Enhanced voice recognition: phone calls, radio, navigation, smartphone/iPod®/MP3 or USB audio control
* Bluetooth® audio streaming and auxiliary input jack
* Front & rear sports fascia
* 18 inch alloy wheels (4)
* Projector headlamps and LED daylight running lamps
* Sportec/cloth sports seats
* Chrome exhaust tip
* Soft tonneau cover
SS V Series Ute highlights over SS:
* 6.0-litre Gen IV V8 engine standard
* Leather appointed seats
* 19 inch alloy wheels (4)
* Sensor key technology with push button start
* Front fog lamps
* Colour digital instrument display: vehicle information menu, trip information menu, fuel economy menu, warning/messages
* Satellite Navigation with full colour mapping and points of interest
* Footwell lamps
* DVD playback (playable when stationary)
SS V Redline highlights over SS V:
* Brembo® brakes
* Forged 19 inch alloy wheels (4)
* Colour Head-up Display
* Forward Collision Alert
* Lane Departure Warning
* Updated FE3 ultra sports tuned suspension