Subaru has revealed details of its Subaru Hybrid Tourer Concept, to debut at the Tokyo Motor Show
Subaru says the Hybrid Concept will combine several of the company's latest technologies in one vehicle.
The car is powered by the next-generation of Subaru's engine line - a direct-injection, turbo-charged 2.0-litre, horizontally opposed engine.
Two electric motors, including a 10kW unit at the front and a 20kW unit in back, power the vehicle when the engine is not needed and run the electrics.
The two motors are powered by a Lithium-Ion battery.
Subaru is using a Lineartronic Contiuously Variable Transmission, and their all-wheel drive system. Regenerative braking, and start/stop, have also been added to increase efficiency.
Subaru also installed their "EyeSight" system, an advanced driving assist system with pre-collision control using stereo camera technology.
Other highlights include the gullwing doors, ventilated leather seats, and a flat floor.
- Length x Width x Height: 4630 x 1890 x 1420 mm
- Engine type: 2.0-litre horizontally opposed direct fuel-injection turbo petrol engine
- Max output of hybrid motor: 10 kW (front) / 20 kW (rear)
- Transmission type: Lineartronic CVT
- Drive train: Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive with two motor assist
- Battery type: Lithium-ion battery