Holden Special Vehicles will debut two new models in 2010 based on the Pontiac G8 GXP program
According to HSV Managing Director Phil Harding the HSV ClubSport GXP and HSV Maloo GXP represent an opportunity for HSV to complement its existing line-up with a limited edition entry level vehicle.
“We receive lots of enquiries about introducing a model to sit as an entry level to our brand and the GXP program provides us this opportunity.
“I have always said that in order for a car to wear the HSV badge it needs to satisfy three criteria - performance, handling and design. Clearly these cars tick all three boxes.”
The ClubSport GXP and Maloo GXP will receive key performance and styling features:
- HSV 6.2 litre LS3 V8 engine delivering 317kW and 550Nm
- Suspension (ClubSport GXP uses the unique GXP suspension tune,Maloo GXP has a unique HSV suspension tune)
- Brembo brake package unique to the GXP program
- ClubSport GXP receives a unique rear fascia
- E Series 2 daylight running lamps
- E Series 2 front fascia and hood
- E series 2 fender vent
- E series 2 ClubSport R8 interior with sports cloth seats.
HSV will build 400 ClubSport GXPs and 350 Maloo GXPs with the cars hitting dealerships in March. HSV will also export the two models to New Zealand.
See a range of HSV models for sale here.