Get your pass for the Taupo event
Tickets for the third A1GP event at Taupo on 23-25 January 2009 go on sale today, 6 November.
The event, which is the fourth round of series 4 of the A1GP World Cup of Motorsport, is set to be the fastest ever in New Zealand thanks to the new generation of A1GP Powered by Ferrari cars.
Organisers say they have focused on offering value for money through new ticket pricing options, combined with more on-track action and improved facilities. The entire Embankment area will also be more family orientated with organisers encouraging groups to come along with picnics. Entry on Friday is free to anyone buying tickets for Saturday and/or Sunday.
“We have looked at the operational costs of previous years and we have been able to make real savings which we have passed on to the spectators this year in the form of lower ticket prices.” said A1GP Taupo CEO, Gary Dawson. “A1 GP Taupo 2009 will be more affordable for anyone to attend, and will also be more accessible to families and groups.”
A1GP qualifying takes place on Saturday 24th with the sprint and feature races taking place on Sunday 25th. The three-day schedule will include the ENZED V8 Ute series, the Battery Town Porsche GT3 Cup, iconic Muscle Cars and the Toyota Racing Series – but the biggest attraction will be the new generation A1GP Powered by Ferrari cars.
Tickets are available from Ticketek.
2008-2009 A1GP World Cup of Motorsport – Schedule:
1) 05 October 2008 A1GP Zandvoort, Netherlands
2) 09 November 2008 A1GP Chengdu, China
3) 23 November 2008 A1GP Sepang, Malaysia
4) 25 January 2009 A1GP Taupo, New Zealand
5) 08 February 2009 A1GP Jakarta, Indonesia
6) 22 February 2009 A1GP Gauteng, South Africa
7) 15 March 2009 A1GP Mexico City, Mexico
8) 29 March 2009 TBA
9) 12 April 2009 A1GP Algarve, Portugal
10) 03 May 2009 A1GP Brands Hatch, Great Britain