Tokoroa's Bradley Tyrrell was back to his best at the Hamilton Kart Club's annual two-day Anniversary meeting over the weekend.
Tyrrell, who turned 19 last week, claimed overall victory in the Senior 100cc Yamaha Light class after two full days of 'no-quarter-asked-nor-given' racing, with Hamilton young gun Mathew Wooding second, Wellington's William Thomason third and top female racer Lydia Dickinson from Taranaki fourth.
Going into the final Thomason was on pole with Tyrrell beside him and Dickinson on P3.
Tyrrell slipped back to third on the first lap but caught and passed Dickinson on the seventh lap and Thomason with two laps to go.
The race was won by Wooding but as long as he finished in front of Thomason and Dickinson overall victory was Tyrrell's.
In a weekend in which the Hamilton track was buffeted by strong winds, Ryan Grant was again king of the Open class from Jason Lee and Niklaus Kiser while Daniel Bray claimed round and with it 2006 series victory in the Formula 125S class.
Bray went into the final round of the 2006 F125S series trailing long-time leader Shane Hodgson by five points but luck was with the former not the latter. Hodgson lost a wheel in the second heat and a nose cone in the final to end up second overall to Bray in the series by just three points.
In the other Senior classes, 100cc Yamaha Heavy saw the winning return of Yamaha class legend Brendon Smith, who led home Clinton Fell and Gerald Barlow, while in the 125cc Rotax Max classes victory in Light went to another former champ, Daniel Kent, from Michael Male and Hamish Scott, victory in Heavy to Stuart Gould from Phillip Saunders and Mark Gilmer.
Richard Moore was once again the (young) man to beat in Formula Junior, claiming the overall win from Daniel Dufty and John Lovich, but Dufty won Junior 100cc Yamaha from Mathew Kinsman and Tom Blomqvist.
Levi Madsen-Prinn enjoyed a Bradley Tyrrell-like return to the top step of the podium in Junior 100cc Yamaha Restricted, leading home Arie Hutton and Bradley Hicks, and Aaron Wilson won Cadet from Shaun Nicholson and Bramwell King.
Hamilton Kart Club 2006 Anniversary Meeting RV Wholesale Supplies Raceway Mystery Creek Hamilton Sat/Sun Sept 16 & 17 2006
1. Ryan Grant 5 points; 2. Jason Lee 7; 3. Niklaus Kiser 9; 4. Dan Smith 10; 5. Alexander McClennan 16; 6. Graeme Smyth 17.
1. Daniel Bray 10 points; 2. Daniel Eggleton 17; 3. Craig Toy 19; 4. Mark Swetman 28; 5. Rick Huston 35; 6. Shane Hodgson 38
Senior 100cc Yamaha
1. Bradley Tyrrell 20 points; 2. Mathew Wooding 23; 3. William Thomason 24; 4. Lydia Dickinson 34; 5. Michael Kiser 36; 6. Ross Tregonning 37
Senior 100cc Yamaha Heavy
1. Brendon Smith 13 points; 2. Cinton Fell 16; 3. Gerald Barlow 21; 4. Jared McKenzie 28; 5. Charles Hoare 29; 6. Jared Richardson
Senior 125cc Rotax Max Light
1. Daniel Kent 14 points; 2. Michael Male 17; 3. Hamish Scott 27; 4. Jayden Hughes 28; 5. Niki Urwin 30 ; 6. Blair Rodgers 37
Senior 125cc Rotax Max Heavy
1. Stuart Gould 15 points; 2. Phillip Saunders 19; 3. Mark Gilmer 21; 4. Michael Grimshaw 25; 5. Kyle Whitehead 26; 6. Andrew Johnstone 42.
1. Richard Moore 11 points; 2. Daniel Dufty 16; 3. John Lovich 18; 4. Martin Short 25; 5. Richard Craig 33; 6. Michael Emmerson 42.
Junior 100cc Yamaha
1. Danile Dufty 18 points; 2. Mathew Kinsman 22; 3. Tom Blomqvist 29; 4. Tim Vickers 36; 5. James Stead 37; 6. Tyler Richardson 43
Junior 100cc Yamaha Restricted
1. Levi Madsen-Prinn 13 points; 2. Arie Hutton 15; 3. Bradley Hicks 20; 4. Daniel Kinsman 27; 5. Aaron Hodgson 29; 6. Arthur Gabb 41.
1. Aaron Wilson 12 points; 2. Shaun Nicholson 15; 3. Bramwell King 18; 4. Andy Scholfield 22; 5. Callum Quin 37; 6. Blake Filluel 40.