Reigning champion racks up second win of the weekend to take BNT series points lead back from Kayne Scott.
Reigning champion, John McIntyre, has re-taken the 2008/2009 BNT NZ V8s series leader after scoring his second win of the Manfeild round today.
McIntyre’s tally, two wins from two starts at Manfeild, has moved him ahead of fellow Ford Falcon racer, Kayne Scott.
McIntyre started from pole position with Holden Commodore driver, Andy Booth, alongside.
After some early laps mayhem, McIntyre led from a re-start chased by Booth, Craig Baird (Falcon), Scott and Manuell (Holden).
Baird got ahead of Booth who became embroiled in a battle with Scott, allowing McIntyre to extend his lead.
Scott and then Baird passed Booth for second and third, where they finished.
Going into this afternoon’s reverse grid race, McIntyre has 947 points, just two more than Scott.
BNT NZ V8s Race 2 results
1. John McIntyre, Nelson, Ford Falcon.
2. Kayne Scott, Hamilton, Ford Falcon.
3. Craig Baird, Australia, Ford Falcon.
4. Andy Booth, Auckland, Holden Commodore.
5. Paul Manuell, Auckland, Holden Commodore.
6. Dean Perkins, Pukekohe, Ford Falcon.
7. Luke Youlden, Australia, Ford Falcon.
8. Andrew Porter, Auckland, Ford Falcon.
9. Tim Edgell, Auckland, Ford Falcon.
10. Eddie Bell, Christchurch, Ford Falcon.