Seventh straight win at the event
Sebastian Loeb has won the Rally Germany for the seventh time, and in doing so regained the lead in the overall drivers' standings of the World Rally Championship.
After stalling his Citroen twice, the Frenchman won by 47.7 seconds over Spanish teammate Dani Sordo.
Francois Duval of Belgium in another Citroen finished third, ahead of Ford driver Mikko Hirvonen of Finland. Hirvonen enetered the Rally as championship leader, one point ahead of Loeb.
Hirvonen struggled on the second day in his Ford when a left rear puncture in the final stage cost him nearly 40 seconds and subsequently dropping him from second to fourth.
Rally New Zealand is the next event on the WRC calendar, beginning Thursday 28 August in Hamilton.
Results from the Rally Germany, the 10th event in the World Rally Championship
1. Sebastien Loeb, France, Citroen, 3 hours, 26 minutes, 19.7 seconds.
2. Daniel Sordo, Spain, Citroen, 47.7 seconds behind.
3. Francois Duval, Belgium, Citroen, 1:20.0.
4. Mikko Hirvonen, Finland, Ford, 1:30.1.
5. Petter Solberg, Norway, Subaru, 2:35.3.
6. Chris Atkinson, Australia, Subaru, 4:45.9.
7. Henning Solberg, Norway, Ford, 5:36.2.
8. Urmo Aava, Estonia, Citroen, 5:37.8.
9. Jari-Matti Latvala, Finland, Ford, 6:17.2.
10. Toni Gardemeister, Finland, Suzuki, 7:16.8.
11. Andreas Mikkelsen, Norway, Ford, 8:30.8.
12. Matthew Wilson, Britain, Ford, 8:48.0.
13. Conrad Rautenbach, Zimbabwe, Citroen, 9:24.7.
14. Khalid Al Qassimi, United Aram Emirates, Ford, 13:46.0.
15. Per-Gunnar Andersson, Sweden, Suzuki, 14:18.2.
Overall Standings (after 10 of 15 rallies)
1. Sebastian Loeb, France, Citroen, 76 points.
2. Mikko Hirvonen, Finland, Ford, 72.
3. Daniel Sordo, Spain, Citroen, 43.
4. Chris Atkinson, Australia, Subaru, 40.
5. Jari-Matti Latvala, Finland, Ford, 34.
6. Petter Solberg, Norway, Subaru, 27.
7. Henning Solberg, Norway, Focus, 22.
8. Gianluigi Galli, Italy, Ford, 17.
9. Matthew Wilson, Britain, Ford, 12.
10. Francois Duval, Belgium, Ford, 11.